Reiki self-healing techniques are a valuable tool for personal growth and improving overall well-being. They allow you to tap into the universal life force energy at any time to promote healing, reduce stress, and enhance your quality of life. Here are some techniques you can use:
The most common Reiki self-healing technique is self-treatment. This involves placing your hands on different parts of your body to channel the Reiki energy. You can follow the traditional hand positions used in a Reiki session, or simply place your hands where you feel they are needed most.
How to do a self-healing:
- Begin by sitting or lying down in a comfortable position.
- Activate the Reiki energy by intending it to flow or by visualizing the Reiki symbols.
- Place your hands on your body, starting with your eyes or the crown of your head. Allow your hands to rest there for a few minutes.
- Move your hands to the next position, such as your ears, back of your head, throat, heart, solar plexus, sacral area, and root area. Spend a few minutes in each position.
- Finish by grounding yourself, either by visualizing roots extending from your feet into the earth or by placing your hands on the ground.
Meditation with Reiki Symbols
Another powerful Reiki self-healing technique is meditating with the Reiki symbols. Each symbol has a specific vibration and purpose, and meditating on them can help you connect more deeply with the Reiki energy.
How To meditate with a Reiki symbol:
- Choose the symbol you wish to work with. This could be the Power symbol for physical healing, the Mental/Emotional symbol for emotional healing, or the Distance symbol for spiritual growth.
- Sit or lie down in a comfortable position and activate the Reiki energy.
- Visualize the symbol in your mind’s eye, or draw it in the air with your hand.
- As you breathe in, imagine the symbol’s energy filling your body. As you breathe out, imagine any negative energy being released.
- Continue for as long as you wish, allowing the symbol’s energy to work within you.
Reiki Breathing Techniques
Reiki breathing techniques, also known as Hara breathing or Reiki breathwork, can help you connect with your energy center and promote self-healing. This involves deep, mindful breathing while focusing on your Hara, an energy center located about two inches below your navel.
How To Practice Reiki Breathing:
- Sit or lie down in a comfortable position.
- Place your hands on your Hara. (located about 5cm below your navel)
- Take a deep breath in, imagining the breath going down to your Hara. As you breathe out, imagine any stress or tension leaving your body.
- Continue for several minutes, focusing on the sensation of your breath and the energy in your Hara.
Reiki Self-healing Exercise
- Draw the Hon Sha Za Sho Nen symbol as depicted at the beginning of this lesson. Draw it in the air before you. Then say its associated mantra (out loud or to yourself) three times (Hon Sha Za Sho Nen, Hon Sha Za Sho Nen, Hon Sha Za Sho Nen).
- State your intention, “I want to bring healing to every cell of my body, especially …”
- Draw the Sei He Ki symbol as depicted at the beginning of this lesson. Draw it in the air before you. Then say its associated mantra (out loud or to yourself) three times (Sei He Ki, Sei He Ki, Sei He Ki).
- Draw the Cho Ku Rei symbol as depicted at the beginning of this lesson. Draw it in the air before you. Then say its associated mantra (out loud or to yourself) three times (Cho Ku Rei, Cho Ku Rei, Cho Ku Rei
- Now sit still in meditation, visualizing the healing energy flowing into your body, cleaning everything that is not supposed to be there out.
Remember, the key to effective Reiki self-healing is consistency. Regular practice can help you tune into your body’s needs, promote healing, and enhance your overall well-being.
Remember to check out the LostYogi YouTube Channel.